- OPERA PREMIERES: The cast of Andrew Ager's "The Wings of the Dove."
- OPERAS-IN-CONCERT: The cast of "The Yeomen of the Guard"
- RECITALS: Alumna Katherine Whyte, soprano, and Steven Philcox, collaborative pianist.
- EDUCATION THROUGH OPERA: Concerts in schools, and singing workshops with students.
- MASTERCLASSES: Artistic Director Darryl Edwards with Prof. Blaine Hendsbee and singers at the University of Lethbridge, Alberta.
- OUR SOCIAL EVENTS: Serving Up Some Restaurant "Rigoletto"
- REHEARSAL TRAINING
- STAGE and ROLE DEVELOPMENT
Who we are:
The Centre for Opera Studies & Appreciation (COSA) is a Canadian nonprofit organization dedicated to training Canada’s opera students and emerging opera professionals with necessary experiences, while creating and drawing new audiences to the art form. Open to both professional and amateur performers who possess talent and an enthusiastic commitment to opera, COSA is uncompromising in its pursuit of the highest degree of training excellence through:
•Fully staged productions
•Operas in concert
•Opera-based social events
What we do:
• To produce music performances for the purposes of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of music, and to educate artists through participation in such performances and related workshops.
•To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of music by providing performances in public places, churches, community centres and educational institutions.
• To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of music by providing seminars on topics relating to such performances.